Extreme weather (lightning, high winds, snow, ice, etc.) could cancel the race. There are also instances of other emergency situations (power outages, city-wide alerts, etc.) that could affect the start/cancellation/continuance of the races. Should the event be canceled due to extreme weather or other emergency, there will be no refunds or transfers to next year’s event.
There will be NO REFUNDS and NO RAINCHECK. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, etc.
Prize Money Eligibility and Anti-Doping Policy
All Running Alliance Sport’s events abide by RRCA policies to ensure a safe and fair race for all participants, especially those competing for prize money and age group awards. To be eligible for elite entry or prize purse at and any RAS events, a participant must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension issued by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for use of a banned substance
- Not have ever served a ban issued by USADA or WADA for the use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receiving such suspensions in the previous 4 years
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career*
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Sign a statement attesting they are in compliance with USADA and WADA anti-doping regulations related to banned substance use and if issued a doping suspension or ban in the future, they will not be allowed back at the event for any reason
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
Any participant that believes they have been barred from the event or the opportunity to earn prize money at the event because of mistaken identity due to near or exact name of a person currently suspended, banned or previously banned, must submit documentation certified by a notary in advance to the race director or RAS coordinator of the event proving that they are not the same person identified as serving a suspension, ban or previous ban. (event organizers will need to clearly outline the exact person to submit documentation to for this recourse section of the policy)
*Participants have a duty to ensure they are represented by reputable coaches and agents and have a duty to consult the WADA list of athletes that are or have served a doping ban before signing with a coach or agent.
For further information, the complete rules are at http://www.rrca.org/resources/event-directors/fair-competition-policies